Skylight Studios, and previously Cascieri & diBiccari, have had a long history of working closely with architects and owners on many architectural sculpture projects as well as ornament, heraldry, decorations, and clocks. The scope of this work has included sculptures that are integrated with restored and new buildings, fountains, cartouches, and ornament of all types. This work has traditionally been designed and modeled in clay, molded, and cast in a variety of materials including bronze, cast stone, resin, and plaster. Some of our projects for private and public places have also included stone and wood carvings.
Private Estate – Dragon Railing
The bronze Dragons are set in the landscape at two sides of the warming hut. Their tails turn into the architectural railing which passes through the hut and terminates with a dragon tail on the other side of the building.
Poseidon Column Plaza – Lowell, MA
Holy Trinity Hellenic Orthodox Church was the first Greek Orthodox Church established in America. A new garden plaza feature was designed and created that represents the ruins of the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion in Greece. This new garden, which is in the shadow of the Church, is a place of reflection and serves as a monumental backdrop for functions at the Church.
Ocean Site Private Estate – Fountain and Gate
The seahorse fountain is located in the courtyard of the estate. The custom bronze gates feature dogwoods and decorative elements as seen on the house.
Union Station Towers – Worcester, MA
Skylight Studios created all the patterns and sculpture needed to reproduce with historic accuracy the two 80-foot-high missing twin towers. In the 1920′ s the originals were removed due to damage.
Old State House Restorations and Reproductions – Boston, MA
Skylight Studios worked directly with the National Park Service and the historic architects to restore all of the hundred-year-old antique sculptures and ornaments at the Old State House. We also recreated the Simon Willard Clock face and the Massachusetts State Seal which were nonexistent. We worked from archival images in order to ensure the accuracy of the recreated works.
Harvard University – Massachusetts Hall Clock
Massachusetts Hall is the oldest surviving building at Harvard University, the first college in America. Built in 1718, the Hall was the residence of many historic Americans including John Adams, John Hancock, Samuel Adams, and James Otis. The historic clock on its façade was recreated in conjunction with the Electric Time Company of Medfield, MA and Dr. Judith Selwyn, architect.
Atlas – Tiffany & Co.
Skylight Studios has collaborated with the Electric Time Company of Medfield, MA to fabricate the Atlas sculptures and clocks for Tiffany & Co. worldwide.
Polish and Slavic Federal Credit Union
Working with Edon Corporation, Skylight Studios created the shields seen on this newly constructed building.
Quinnipiac University – Hamden, CT
The Quinnipiac University Tower at the Arnold Bernhard Library
The brick columns and facade of the upper tower were made in a lightweight cast material to replicate the brickwork below. The University seal was installed within the window mullions. Architect- Centerbrook Architects & Planners.
Quinnipiac University Cafeteria
The spoon capitals, designed by Centerbrook Architects & Planners, were fabricated and installed in the student cafeteria. Raised lettering and replica brick capitals were installed in the rotunda.
Architectural restorations completed by Robert Shure and Skylight Studios can be seen at the following historic buildings:
- Washington Monument, Washington, DC
- Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel, Boston, MA
- Springfield Library, Springfield, MA
- St. Joseph’s Church, New Bedford, MA
- 739-749 Boylston Street, Boston, MA
- Baker Library, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Whitney House, Everett, MA
- Warren Chambers Building, Boston, MA
- Meridian Hotel, Boston, MA
- Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Boston, MA
- 1 Park Plaza, Boston, MA
- State Block Building, Concord, NH
- Northboro Town Hall, Northboro, MA
- Boston Music Company, Boston, MA
- Hotel Essex, Boston, MA
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Bronx Zoo, Bronx, NY
- Worcester Market Building, Worcester, MA
- Governor Eustice House, Boston, MA
- Providence City Hall, Rhode Island
- Jewelers Building, Boston, MA
- 101 Arch Street, Boston, MA
- Greek Cathedral, Boston, MA
- Morgan Hall, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Lawrence City Hall, Lawrence, MA
- Mullen Manor, Wenham, MA
- St. Michaels’s Church, Fall River, MA
- One Post Office Square, Boston, MA
- Faneuil Hall, Boston, MA
- Filenes Building, Boston, MA
- Charlesgate Building, Boston, MA
- Norwood Town Hall, Norwood, MA